Well it was a morning of much head scratching, lots of counting to ten (and then some!) whilst I set up the new blog.  I am liking the bold clean lines of the new template and now that it is part of my website I’m hoping that lots more crafters will be able to find me too!  I would love to know what you think of the new design.

So after my techy morning, it got to the stage at lunchtime where I just had to create something…  an ideal escape for a little while away from the laptop!

I have just had a delivery of card.  I have been using it sparingly for the last couple of weeks because I was down to the bottom of my box – but hurrah – a delivery of 1000 sheet of A5 white matt and 1000 sheets of A6 high white glossy and some white linen card to play with too and for some reason when I have a huge stack of card on my desk it makes me feel just that little bit more creative!  I had run out of glossy – so that was my first grab.    It had to be something big and bold!

glossy cardstock covered with Stampendous Jumbo Daisy StampsI started out with my A6 piece of White glossy cardstock.  I started to stamp using Archival Jet Black inkpad with my Stampendous Jumbo Daisy stamp…. and the first thing I did was drop the stamp off the block as I hadn’t pushed it on firmly enough!  Oh well, I carried on regardless, ignoring the shadowy marks and stamped more daisies around the card.

One of the big advantages of these Stampendous Jumbo stamps is they come with a mask to perfectly match the stamp design so once the black ink was dry (with the help of a quick blast from the heat tool) then I lined up the mask.  I applied Archival Deep Purple ink with a piece of cut n dry foam through the mask on the petals on each of the flowers in turn.

Purple Daisy stamped by stampendous Jumbo Daisy stamp

Next was to apply some Archival Potting soil on the centre of my flowers and blend it just a little way onto my petals.

Next to add a little extra detail – I had the cute little steampunk bug in my Creative Expressions Steampunk Dreams stamp set and stamped him with the Archival Potting Soil ink.

Now back to my first mistake of dropping the stamp.  With my now bold flowers and clean and crisp lines, there was no disguising that there were black marks around the bottom flower… so to hide them I traced around each of the flowers with my black fineliner pen and then added a few ‘sparkle’ marks with the pen too  – like magic I could no longer see my lines!  A final border drawn with the ruler and then a zig-zag line put inside and it was complete.

I’ll probably mount this one onto a card at some point – but I was limited in time today – so just finished the panel ready for another day.

Let me know what you think of the blog!

Happy Crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

Products used today:

A6 White Glossy Card

Archival Inkpad – Jet Black

Archival Inkpad – Deep Purple

Archival Inkpad – Potting Soil

Cut n Dry Foam

Black Fineliner Pen

Stampendous Jumbo Daisy Stamp

Creative Expressions Steampunk Dreams Stamp Set.

 

7 Flares Twitter 2 Facebook 5 Filament.io 7 Flares ×

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.