Woohoo – Creation number 200! When I decided just before last Christmas to blog everday I wasn’t sure how long I could keep it going to be honest. Would I (a) have the time and (b) have the ideas! I’m pleased to say that I have managed to have both!
It’s so nice to have to find that creative slot each week (not always easy with an ever extending ‘to do’ list). I have found that by telling myself that it is ‘work’ not just playing, and I have no need to feel guilty about creating rather than doing updates to the website or packaging up new beads, then I am able to schedule it into my week. I do have to say I feel so much better for crafting – it is such a stress buster to sit and emerse myself in creativity!
Then suddenly, here we are on my 200th post – I may have missed a day or so here (Life does get in the way sometimes!)… but just loving my blog! I do hope you all do to – I know that there are few of you out there reading this!
Well to help me celebrate – put a comment below and you will be entered into a random draw to win some crafting goodies!…. I’ll put together a nice little goody pack for the lucky winner. You have until 21st September at 10am to comment. And please do share this post with your friends via Facebook and Twitter – the more the merrier!
For this creation, I was in the mood for hot colours. I decided on a different shape this time – so used one of my Stix2 white tags. They are a nice size to work on and the cardstock has a lovely texture to it.
I stamped my Woodware Clear Bubble Bloom Clarissa Stamp first using Archival Black ink. Next I stamped the greeting at the bottom – you could use a mask if you are worried you are going to clip the ‘in style’ words underneath, but as it is a clear stamp you should be OK.
I then reached for the Distress Inks – Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry. I worked from pink to orange to yellow with my blending foam and then spritzed with water to help them blend. I then went around the edge with my black ink to give an outline.
I worked with Liquid Pearls to fill in the bubbles – with the yellow (Daffodil), and peachy orange shade (Cantaloupe) and then the vibrant orange (Pumpkin). I used the pink (Flamingo) for the leaves but I didn’t want them to be as dimensional – so I put a line of liquid pearls down the middle of the leaf and then used my waterbrush to spread the colour out to the points. A little light sprinkling of a ‘clear’ glitter was the finishing touch.