A fun little piece today. I all started with a quick demonstration last club night of the Distress Paints to show how you can blend them and create an interesting background.
I’ve worked (I think!) with Salty Ocean and Wild honey with a touch of green – probably Mowed Lawn (I forgot to make a note!). I then used the cap of the paint into some red (festive berries) to add on some circles.
I sprayed the background with water to let it merge and also added some water droplets to lift the colour out.
Once dry I used a mask to trace the Laugh word with a fineliner and then added some zentangle patterns inside. I added some white highlights to lift the detail.
My mount was created by adding some distress ink through a grid mask and some zentangled lines.
The colours are nice and rich on this piece with lots of detail to spot.