I’ve had this stamp in my stash for a little while (Chocolate Baroque Indian Textiles)- and it was still unopened and unused. I absolutely love the detail in the stamp and just hadn’t had the opportunity to play with it!
I created the background with Alcohol Inks -Yellow, Red Pepper and Orange – keeping a firey colour palette.
Next I stamped that amazingly detailed pattern border – and I even managed to stamp it straight for a change!
I placed some copy paper over it once dry and stamped my flower (the paper meant I didn’t overstamp the flower stems onto the border) – but I mucked up big time. The flower on the left slipped as I was stamping it (one of the hiccups of stamping with archival onto glossy cardstock). I was so disappointed. it looked all thick lines and blotchy. But, you know me, very rarely admit defeat and throw something away so I carried on stamping the pattern around the outside whilst the middle dried.
Out came the gel pens – white silver and gold, and by the time I had added highlights to the flower – it really wasn’t obvious that I had mucked up – hurrah!
So my lesson for today is to keep going. Don’t assume a stamping mishap is the ruin of your design. Have a bit of a play more and see if you can hide, disguise or accent it. If all else failed, I would have at least cut off the strip at the bottom and used on another piece – it was too nice to waste!!
I will be at the Suffolk Papercrafting show on 26th June at Bury St Edmunds. Tickets are available from Keep on Crafting in Bury St Edmunds.