More samples from my recent alcohol ink workshop. They are such a great medium to work with and you can create the most amazing backgrounds.
I worked onto glossy cardstock with a mix of colours – I think purple twiight, currant and a bit of orange and a lot of blender. I kept reworking over the areas to give a more muted finish. I then dripped some blender directly onto the card to add some light spots.
Next I wanted to add some background stamping so I chose the flower and the number border from Creative Expressions Art Flower set and stamped in Archival Plum.
This fabulous steampunk boot stamp is from Stampendous called ‘Click heels’. I have stamped the boot and the words in Black Archival ink. Finally I stamped the Dream in Colour – from the Art Flower set in black too. I then waited for all the archival ink to dry before added my usual white gel pen highlights. I love this stage – so relaxing sitting picking out details with the pen!
Love this piece!
I held an alcohol ink workshop last Sunday and one of the exercises I always do with students new to alcohol inks is to get them to create a really vibrant spotted background to work onto. This can be the hardest of backgrounds to tackle and can be very daunting because they look fabulous as a background, but how can you put focal points over the top bold enough to stand out. (more…)
In contrast to yesterday’s pale and interesting project, today’s is definitely bold and beautiful!
My background was created using a mixture of Cosmic Shimmer Ink Misters (sorry it was one from my stash so not sure of the colours – but probably Lilac night and Midnight Blue with a bit of silver). (more…)
A learning piece today. One of those… what happens if I do…..
I wanted to find out what happened if I embossed in white powder and then worked over the top with Alcohol inks – would the white embossing pick up the colour of the inks? Would it react with the alcohol inks?
I used my Woodware Clarissa Stamp. I picked quite muted colours – Stonewash, Yellow and Lake mist. I applied my colour and then gave it a spritz with Stazon Cleaner spray to mottle the background. (more…)
A fun little piece today. I all started with a quick demonstration last club night of the Distress Paints to show how you can blend them and create an interesting background.
I’ve worked (I think!) with Salty Ocean and Wild honey with a touch of green – probably Mowed Lawn (I forgot to make a note!). I then used the cap of the paint into some red (festive berries) to add on some circles. (more…)
I am really into the blog challenges this week – another one today for The Male Room. Their theme is a masculine card on a Geometric theme – and you all know my love for Zentangling.. so I thought I would base my card around this!
I started by die cutting four identical squares from white card and then started playing with some patterns (with thanks to Pinterest for some inspiration!) (more…)
I haven’t done a sketch challenge for ages! They are always good fun. If you haven’t done one before – you get a sketch of a design layout and you use that design to create your card.
This was the sketch of the design layout we had to use. (more…)
Another day, another blog challenge! Today’s entry is for the Craft Room Challenge. Their topic is an inspirational green photoboard. I already had this project in my head – so thought it would be ideal to get it onto paper for this challenge.
I started by die cutting an oval from white cardstock (more…)
I have had this Phoenix glittered and awaiting a project for a while now. Never quite found the right creation for him – and I didn’t just want to do a simple mount and put onto a card. (more…)
Another blog challenge entry today. This time it is for Tando Creative. Their theme is ‘Come Fly With Me’. It’s not essential to use their products, but as I happen to have one of their Gothic Arch pieces left over from a previous project – it seemed to be the ideal starting point. (more…)